UNIFY Financial Credit Union is one of the nation’s largest 100 credit unions with a reputation for being financially sound and growth-oriented. We’re expanding rapidly to meet the needs of a growing member base.
At UNIFY, our team members work together to strive toward a common goal, “providing superior service to our members.” In doing so, we promote a culture where your ideas matter, your growth matters, and you matter. We encourage all team members to challenge and encourage themselves and their teammates to work smarter and to be more successful.
Location: Allen, TX
The Controller provides leadership over the daily accounting functions for the Credit Union’s financial operations and is responsible for preparing financial statements that adhere to all regulatory and accounting FASB accounting standards under the supervision of a VP of Accounting & Finance. The AVP Controller also applies sound accounting principles to solve complex financial transactions and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement.
• Responsible for general ledger financial reporting, including preparing financial statements and related monthly financial reports
• Manage the monthly financial close process, including review of all accounting reconciliations
• Supervises the Accounting team and maintains a culture of accountability, cooperation, and attention to detail
• Assesses and automates accounting processes and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement
• Produces month-end financial statements, quarterly 5300 regulatory filings, and annual audited financial statements
• Oversees all aspects of the accounting function including accounts payable and cash management
• Contributes to the production of the annual budget
• Continually assesses and strengthens internal controls
• Coordinates financial audits and NCUA examinations
• Keeps up-to-date on GAAP and accounting guidance from the NCUA
• Performs all other duties as assigned
See the UNIFY Difference!
At UNIFY, we believe that each team member is a valued contributor. Through a teamwork approach, we strive to provide a positive and rewarding workplace that helps our team succeed. UNIFY provides a work environment which promotes learning, growth, and the opportunity for team members to challenge themselves.
Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits Package* Includes:
Medical (PPO/HMO), Prescription, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision, Life, and Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Dependent and Medical Care - Flexible Spending Accounts
Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Pay
401(K) Plan with employer match
Education reimbursement for approved programs
UNIFY banking privileges for you and your family
*All programs subject to review and change
UNIFY is proud to be a drug-free, equal-opportunity employer. For more information on UNIFY, visit us at www.unifyfcu.com